Welcome to the wedding blog for Megan & Tommy!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Women and Weddings

What is it about weddings that make the majority of girls selfish and kind of stupid? I mean come on! I understand that a lot of women have dreamed about this day "all their life", and want it to be perfect, blah blah blah. But, if it weren't for the groom-to-be THERE WOULD BE NO WEDDING. A wedding ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU, the bride, It's about the COUPLE vowing to spend their life together. So why is it that so many women say "MY wedding", "I want this", "I told him no" when it comes to something he wants that YOU don't. Is he your fiancé or your child? Yes yes, I know generally it's the girl involved with all of the planning. Yes yes, I know generally he doesn't care about the planning and only want to know when to show up. Yes yes, I know generally he could care less about every single minor detail. But your little "it's all about me", princess like attitude has got to go. There are more important things than the perfect party, such as YOUR MARRIAGE. And yes, it is a party whether or not you want to admit it.

I personally feel that the way the bride or even the groom acts during the wedding planning process is a very accurate glimpse of what is to come after the honeymoon is over. Occasional little breakdowns are normal because as we all know wedding planning is in fact extremely stressful! But if you're a bridezilla the entire time and its all about what YOU want, uh hmmmm, RED FLAG!!

I know for me and Tommy I'm the one in charge of planning this wedding because lets face it, he's a typical guy and doesn't care what color napkins we have or if the flowers match with the bridesmaids dresses. But despite all of that, I never make a final decision without his input first. Why? Because this is his wedding too and I want him to also be completely happy with how OUR day turns out. Who knows, he may actually have a preference but doesn't want to "interferer" thinking that a day that's supposed to be about both of us is in fact "my day". Which it's not and I've made sure to never considered it that.

No comments: